Monday, January 23, 2006

"The Power of Nightmares"

I've learned through an academic colleague that the BBC has aired the first
of a three-part documentary on the rise of violent Islamic extremism. My
colleague says that the documentary, "The Power of Nightmares," is "a
must-see." I just got thru watching them, while the first episode was interesting, the rest just used very selective information (during the trials of suspected terrorists, they only interviewed defense lawyers!) to try to prove there is no real terrorism threat, and that we are making too much of a deal about it - of course it was made in 2004, before the bombings in London and sort of ignored the fact that 9/11 was real. Perhaps if we ignore it, it will go
away? I thought I would just put this up if anyone was intrested, plus it helped me test this blog. He provides the following links for anyone interested in this
subject:

For some online reviews, see here.

For the documentaries themselves, see here, here, and here.

No comments: